Thursday, April 9, 2020

What's it all about?

We are currently relatively new residents at a retirement community in Boulder, Colorado.
As such, we are living in a potential hotspot for difficult time in the age of the Covid-19.

 We'll try to put together a little information for the enlightenment of our friends and neighbors and how it specifically affects us as older folks.

We'll cover:

     Basics of what it like when you become infected, and what the disease is doing to you.

      What kinds of treatments might be offered to you, or what you might have heard of but aren't on offer.

     How the virus spreads, and how rapidly, and how are stay-at-home orders affect the spread.

     What happens to make some people really, really sick and what might be done then?

     Now the worst is happening and I'm really, really sick.  My doctor has recommended ventilator care.  What should I do, what should I have done in advance?  What happens if I say yes, and what happens if I say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment